The Data Controller and Data Protection Officer for Nicholls Stevens Financial Services Limited is Carole Nicholls of Nicholls Stevens Financial Services Limited of 9 St Augustine’s Parade, Bristol BS1 4UT, telephone number: 0117 9290456 e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will collect personal data from you in order to provide you with financial advice and other related services. We aim to collect the information in a transparent fashion and to process all data fairly. Data will not be transferred outside the European Union. We confirm that while collecting, retaining, storing and sharing your data we will comply with the General Protection Regulation (GDPR).
What information is being collected
- Your name, address, date of birth, sex, marital status, nationality, national insurance number, passport number, driving license number, unique tax reference number, telephone numbers and e-mail address, state of health
- Details of your partner and children will only be collected if this is directly relevant to the advice we are giving, in that case we will need name, address, date of birth, sex, national insurance number, nationality
Employment and Income details
- Employed – Name and address of your employer and nature of your work/profession
- Company Director – Name and address of your company, Company Registration number, Details of directors: names, dates of birth and national insurance numbers, nature of business, copy of company accounts
- Self-employed – nature of business, copy of company accounts
- Earnings – Earnings via PAYE, gross earnings, dividends, bonus, commission
- Other Income: rental, interest, dividends, other as relevant
- Details of bank accounts
- Details of investments
- Details of insurances
- Details of values of properties
- Details of other investment assets
- Details of pension scheme benefits
- Details of dividends, rental and savings income
- Details of capital gains
- Attitude to investment risk and loss
Who is collecting the information?
The information will be collected by Nicholls Stevens (Financial Services) Limited
How is the information being collected?
There are a number of ways in which the information may be collected;
- in paper form, you may fill out a Financial Discovery form,
- by e-mail, you may send us information electronically,
- verbally; over the telephone or at a meeting with an adviser or member of staff
Why is it being collected?
We collect, record, store, update and use personal data to facilitate performance of contracts and investments with Insurance Companies and Providers on behalf of our clients
We collect, record, store, update and use personal data so that we can comply with the requirements of the Regulator, Financial Services Conduct Authority and the Pensions Regulator
How will it be stored?
The data will be stored electronically and in paper form. Paper files will be stored securely at our offices at 9 St Augustine’s Parade or in a secure offsite storage unit. The data is shared electronically with a third party Back Office System Provider, IRESS, with whom we hold a GDPR compliant agreement
How will it be used?
The data will be used to facilitate Nicholls Stevens preparing and implementing initial financial advice and keeping this advice and the products/investments updated by means of regular reviews. Any electronic messaging to clients or Providers which contains personal data will be password protected
Who will it be shared with?
If you are seeking financial advice your data will be shared with Insurance Companies and Providers. If you are preparing a will, we will share your data with a will writing service. If you are putting in place a Power of Attorney, we will share your data with the Office of the Public Guardian. If we are preparing your tax return, we will share your data with HMRC.
How long will it be retained?
We will not retain any excessive or irrelevant information, but we must retain sufficient information to continue to comply with the requirements of the Regulator, the Financial Services Conduct Authority and to comply with the requirements of our Professional Indemnity insurers should a claim for negligence arise
What happens if a personal data breach occurs?
Our staff are regularly trained on the matter of data protection. We have in place procedures to detect any breaches. We will notify the Information Commissioners Office(ICO) as quickly as possible but in any event within 72 hours of the event. We will inform any clients whose personal data has been breached as soon as is practically possible so that they can take steps to protect themselves from the effect of the breach.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you, If you would like a copy of some or all of the information we hold about you, please e mail or write to us at Nicholls Stevens Financial Services Limited, 9 St Augustine’s Parade, Bristol, BS1 4UT or email@example.com
We want to make sure your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to remove or correct information which is not up to date. We will respond to such a request within one month.
You have the ‘right to be forgotten’ and ask for your data to be removed. This may happen if you no longer wish us to act as your adviser. However, in order to comply with regulation, we will be required to keep certain historic information. We will tell you exactly what data we are retaining.
You have a right to take any complaint regarding the protection of your personal data to the Information Commissioners Office, helpline 0303 123 1113 or online at ico.org.uk
How to contact us
You can contact us by post : Nicholls Stevens (Financial Services) Limited at 9 St Augustine’s Parade, Bristol, BS1 4UT
By Telephone – 0117 9290456 (between the hours of 9.00am – 5.30pm)
By e mail – firstname.lastname@example.org